Sunday 29 October 2017

November Slowly Beckons...


Hello lovelies
Thank you for popping by last weekend.
It was lovely to know so many of you enjoy my little Fen ramblings on life...

So, today sees the official start of
the darker season after turning back the clocks last night...
Did you remember?

As Autumn continues to swish and  twirl in her silky petticoats as she performs her much rehearsed daliances, she's leaving a beautiful veil of misty cobwebs all around us her in the Fens as we watch the Earth slowly dying and decaying in between the nooks and crannies.

I know for some of you all this may seem a sad time of the year but I believe it is a wonderful time of year.
For me, Autumn is always a season I welcome.
It always means it is a time for reflections...


It's time to allow our bodies to slow a pace and take time to take notice of the stillness in the air as Winter is preparing to start off on her journey and is meandering our way...

Have you ever thought about how the trees never want to cling on to their leaves,
they simply watch them tumble towards a new path.
I think Autumn is a generous lady who allows us to release the old to make way for the new
in our own little way...
We all have a story to tell of how life has ventured during the year.


I for one won't be sorry to say goodbye to this year in many ways 
and yet I am really looking forward to that new path ahead..

This year has seen me travelling up and down the motorways more times than I've ever done in my life before, for both happy & sad reasons.
I'm a firm believer in things happening for reasons often unknown to us at the time so I usually try to find the positives that sit alongside their negative playmates...
So, what's my reflection on the outcome of all that travelling?

Well, for one as a driver who isn't really that confident I can now hold my own on a motorway with the white van bully boys, I can now understand when Sat Nav Simon says keep right he doesn't actually mean turn right he means keep straight (and yes we have had words over that description with each other many a time!) and finally I have learnt that despite building up the number of miles on my little car's speedo, I in fact still absolutely hate motorway driving with a passion!

On a positive of course all that driving has enabled me to work in a many new venues, meet loads of beautiful people, watch my book being turned into a reality and
enjoy seeing a little more of Britain that I haven't seen before.

And so...
the first day of Autumnal darker days sees me finally snuggled in at home with my sparkly lights aglow again (I LOVE sparkly lights!!!) looking forward to a new season of so many sweet things... but that's another post!
For now I'm just chuffed to be snuggled in my cosy home with Mr T ,
 slowly stepping toward our festive celebrations...


Until we natter next time folks...
Toodle-ooh for now

Tilly 
x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x