Friday 16 September 2016

Saying Hello to Autumn....




Hello my lovelies!
Gosh I've missed saying hello...
Where did the time go???

I always think it's that time of year that seems to be full of change when we welcome the door to Autumn.
We close our album of summer memories and holiday smiles....


to embrace the coolness of a new season debutante taking her first bow...

Children start a new chapter in their lives, students venture into the unknown and our thoughts start to stray towards that 'C' word.....

As much as I love to welcome Summer in for a cuppa in June, I do have to say I am quite glad to say goodbye to the heat she brings with her visits...
As a sufferer of Fibromyalgia you would think I'd welcome the heat but I struggle to control my temperature in both extremes; so, in summer I'm wishing for a bucket of ice to jump into for most of the time and in winter I'm found snuggled in blankets wishing warmth would grace my weary bones.... you just can't win can you!

So...back to September smiles for me...
September brings SO many!

birthday celebrations, golden & olive hues beginning to grace my garden, misty foggy mornings with dewy spiderwebs, crochet blankets in the wash, and scrumptious blackberries...



What's your September smile?

So, with the evenings closing in on us my mind is wandering towards those crochet hooks, stitchy projects and romantic girlie films!


Dear September, I am so looking forward to sharing my evenings with you catching up on your  gossip, slobbing in my PJ's, snuggly slippers, and getting to grips with tidying my stitchy basket full of threads nestling next to the crackling fire...



Before I can hang up my stitchy boots for the year so to speak,though  I do have one more major event to visit....
For anyone wanting to have a lovely stitchy chat with yours truly... 
I shall be at Ally Pally at the Knitting & Stitch Show showcasing free motion embroidery on the Create & Craft TV stand....
Do come and say hello!

In the meantime, I can be found in my kitchen digging out my dusty slow cooker and checking out some old favourite Autumnal recipes...
So excited as I LOVE casseroles...and apple crumble puds!

Happy Autumn my lovelies.....



Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by today and leaving a little message
I love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your fabulous snippets that make me smile....

Tilly x